1. Your web site provides customers with basic contact information.
2. Many people research products and services on the internet prior to their purchase.
Registering a domain is one of the first steps when building a website. A domain name is your “virtual” internet address and is what your potential consumers will be using to find your business online. Take your time; it is important not to rush into this process. Remember your domain will be used often and in many areas of your business. It should be show on your business cards, vehicle decals, radio ads, tv commercials, billboards, print ads, and paperwork.
Here are the basic rules when choosing a domain name:
– Using an extension that matches your type of business entity.
– Keeping the domain name as short as possible.
– Including words that are easy to spell.
– Choosing keywords or key phrases as part of the domain name.
– Using words based on your business name or the product or service you offer.