Why IS social media such an effective medium for business owners? Not only is it a way to reach a huge demographic, but technology has enabled us to directly market to the public based on their activity on the given social media site. For example, if someone ‘likes’ a certain band, it is quite possible that an ad will appear for tickets to their upcoming concert. Even changing your relationship status to ‘engaged’ will make it so that wedding-related ads begin popping up. This is crucial for advertisers to be able to directly target consumers with relevant ads.
Social Networking and Media
The current social media controversy: Facebook versus Twitter. Which one is “better?” The truth is that both have pros and cons and it really depends on each particular person. Twitter has become a way for users to publish their current thoughts or experiences, while Facebook is more of a way for friends and family to interact with each other. One of twitter’s biggest advantages is its celebrity base. Celebrities themselves are making posts to their twitter accounts, which has also been a huge vehicle for endorsements. For example, Kim Kardashian tweeted, “The Carl’s Jr grilled chicken salads came out yesterday! I’m on my way to Carl’s Jr for lunch now…have you tried them yet?” for which she received about $10,000. Maybe you want to know everything your favorite celebrity is doing, or maybe you don’t really care. It really all depends on each user’s personality. Using both might make the decision a little easier.
Photo originally from: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-Hix91sgv_s/TOPQOmdpOsI/AAAAAAAAATg/xTK3RoGY9-4/s1600/Twitter+VS+Facebook+Choose+One+2.jpg
Social media is without a doubt the hot new marketing arena, but who has the additional time needed to manage these tools? When it comes to social media, successful campaigns share the same base as all sound business ventures; planning. Set aside a block of time to devote you your social media accounts, whatever is manageable for you, and stick to it. Also consider the most efficient methods for interacting with your circle: making meaningful posts and commenting. If social media is treated as meaningless, it will have no effect, or a negative effect on your business. It’s better to say a few well sculpted things than to talk all night and say nothing at all. If you are currently using more than one social media outlet, sign up for Nutshell Mail (www.nutshellmail.com) a program that sends you all your update in one email, cutting down on the time you spend deleting notifications.
Blogs are really a great thing to have. Especially if your an aspiring Photographer. Having a blog up will help prospective new clients see what your working on from day to day. Photographers can go out into the field, snap some photos then return to post them and tell about your experiences with your outing. You can explain pros and cons to educate following newbie photographers.
If you haven’t tried any video blogging yet, also called vlogging, you really should try it out. If you haven’t tried this out yet I know exactly what your thinking. Why would I want to put up a video of me so that the world can see me? Well there are lots of reasons why. Here a quick list to get started.
The other name for twitter is micro blogging, which is becoming immensely popular as a medium of social networking. The medium is based on letting people know what you are doing. People can remain in touch with one another instantly using the messages, known as tweets. The maximum allowed characters for the message is 140 and hence, you have to convey your message using short text.
Your answer to the question ‘What you are doing’ could be letting the world know about your business, hobbies, emotions, or anything else, that you feel that people would be interested in knowing.
Let us have a look at important steps you need to follow:
• Use keywords in your site name
• What is your site about- Contents of this cannot be altered. You will need to open another page in case you want to change the information.
• Create an image of maximum 200×600 and use your imagination.
• Given below is the list of core applications and its benefits:
1. Use Static HTML to get customized page.
2. Facebook Notes – You can place rss feed from blogs here. You can combine Friendfeed and rss feed for twitter posts, multiple blogs, and youtube posts, etc.
3. Ping.fm app for Business Pages: Though it is slightly difficult to set up, it saves you double work of posting.
Networking online these days is a great business tool to allow you to not only connect with those in your industry, but may also be a great marketing tool for drumming up new business leads. Two great business networking sites are:
LinkedIn – Which allows you to post comments, articles and join groups in your profession
Biznik – Provides you with the opportunity to post articles pertaining to your business, rfps and job postings
One of the most difficult hurdles to overcome when your business has a web site is how well your web site ranks in the most commonly used Internet search engines. Well, for the designer, this is sometimes a tricky task.
You want the best result for your customer yet the market, both local and international, is flooded with the same product or service you are providing. What can we do to ensure that your web site reaches the first page of the major Internet search engines?
1. Start Blogging – Blogging is old news to many. Not quite the distant past, but still not the future… sort of a Web 1.5. Is blogging what’s ‘hot’ at the moment? Well, no. It certainly doesn’t compare with chasing a link from the front page of Digg. But blogging is alive and well! It continues to be a great way to get interactively connected with your customers. ‘Dialoguing’ is the reason social marketing exists. How much time you invest in your blog is up to you, but you’ll get out what you put in. You don’t have to drive yourself crazy putting in daily entries, but you should establish a regular schedule for your blog updates. Otherwise, when people check your blog they’ll see the same-old/same-old so often that they’ll stop visiting your site… which is the whole reason you started the blog! So don’t shoot yourself in the foot by creating a blog that’s a visitor-repellent rather than a visitor-magnet.